Albertson Memorial Park
Located at Evesham and Albertson Avenues
across from the Borough Hall, Albertson Park, offers two unique
recreation areas. The lower area offers a scenic gazebo, benches
and multiple play areas that include swings, sliding boards and
other equipment. The upper area offers a picnic pavilion and
basketball courts. The entire park is surround by a scene
walking trail and large grass covered areas. Many of the Borough
events take place in this location, including the annual Easter
Egg Hunt and movies in the park.
Albertson Park was willed to the
Borough in 1928 by John J. Albertson. It is located across
from his home. The pavilion in the upper park was built in
On the edge of Otterbranch Avenue by
Sherwood Avenue, Tavener Park will be undergoing renovations in
the summer of 2006. Renovations will include the installation of
a safety surface and modern playground equipment. Landscaping
will also be added to increase the aesthetic appearance of the
park. Tavener Park is adjacent to wetlands and offers a tranquil
The park was original cleared by
Frank Tavener at his own expense so that the ground could be
used for a playground. The park was dedicated to Frank's
son, Billy Tavener, in 1970 by Mayor Joseph Adolf and Borough
Landin Park is located on Evesham Avenue
just before our border with Lawnside. This park offers
playground equipment as well as grassy areas for picnicking.
This parcel of ground was
dedicated on May 31, 1954 by Mayor Francis Scott and Borough
Council in honor of Eugene Landin who was Magnolia's first World
Work I amputee.
Magnolia Athletic Fields
Formerly Fiberglass Fields, located on
Brooke Avenue at the foot of Albertson Avenue, Magnolia Athletic
Fields offer a large open area which include a lighted
multipurpose field for football and soccer as well as a softball
A lighted path with fitness equipment
circles the multipurpose field for residents to enjoy.
Instructions are located next to the equipment. The
walking path, energy efficient LED lighting and fitness
equipment was funded through Camden County Open Space
Roosevelt Park, the Borough's smallest
park, is located at the intersection of Jefferson & Lafayette
Avenues, just off of the White Horse Pike. Roosevelt Park offers
benches and landscaped gardens.
Roosevelt Park was dedicated as a
memorial to President Franklin D. Roosevelt on December 16, 1934
by Mayor and Council.
The current Magnolia Borough Hall
was build in 1967 for at cost of $180,000. The building
was dedicated by Mayor John M. Reid on October 12, 1968. A
time capsule containing items from 1976 was placed in the floor
of the auditorium during the Bicentennial celebration. The
capsule will be opened in 2026. After the opening, items
typical of that time will be placed in to the capsule, it will
be resealed and opened again in 2076. The Borough Hall
underwent extensive renovations in 1996.
The Magnolia Borough Hall is
available for use by Borough civic organizations. An
insurance certificate naming the Borough as insured must be on
file with the Borough Clerk prior to use. Contact the
Borough Clerk at (856)783-1520 for additional information.
Historical information copied from "One Square Mile of Friendliness"
Helen H. Bradley in 1983.